I keep struggling with what to make of this blog, I know I want it to be my personal space. Where I come to think about what I do and where I improve. Over the break I feel that I want to improve in several aspects of blogging. I have seen an steady increase in views to my primary site: fammijangos.com
The year 2014, was the biggest year since I launched the site in 2012 with 2,261 views, and December the best month of all time with 600+ views. And it’s not like I want to become a blogger, but I do want to improve what I do, and how I do it.
The primary purpose of FamMijangos.com is to document our family’s history, a documentary of our familiy’s everyday life. Views do not mean higher meaning, but rather it says that I have become better at telling our story. I want to be a better writer, a story teller. If I ever have any chance of future generations of reading this story, then I have to tell a compelling story, both with words and images.
For this reason I’m calling 2015 the year of Blogging Kaizen, kaizen meaning continous improvement. I want to refine both my writen skills as well as my photography. So here is how intend to improve:
- Post 2 times per week on FamMijangos.com (Monday and Wednesday)
- Post on this blog every week (Friday), this blog is my meta blog about blogging 🙂
- Goodreads challenge: 24 books. My goal is always to read more, I want to finally meet my goal of 24 books in the year.
- #365PhotoChallenge I will take 1 picture everyday and post them on my weekly update
- The Art of Photography vlog, I’ve been watching the AOP Video Blog, it is such a different thing for me, and I’m learning a lot.
- Continue reading Click it up a Notch Blog, I find it also a cool place for tips.
- I hope to buy a DSLR for Christmas 2015, wow big step.
So this is my week 1 update (Jan 01 – Jan 03) and here are my images: